Raptor Z Arm Tutorials
Install Raptor Z arm and Z Head with Quick Release
Install Raptor Z arm and Z Head without Quick Release
Configure Raptor Z arm and Z Head
Change Single Spring to Dual Springs
Install Extension for Raptor Z arm
A. Main Questions
What’s the difference between Raptor Z – ISO Dampener and Raptor Z – Z Head?
2. When will we need Raptor Z – ISO Dampener? And when for Raptor Z – XY Vibration Combo?
Raptor Z – ISO Dampener and Raptor Z – XY Vibration Combo support 10 – 30kgs payload. Based on your demand, you can choose the suitable package:
- Raptor Z – ISO Dampener is compatible with underslung operation only; however, it supports high-speed tracking vehicle shooting up to 100km/h. And Raptor ISO Dampener helps users smoother scenes when equipped with crane, boom,… Learn more HERE.
- Raptor Z – XY Vibration Combo is compatible with both underslung and overslung operation. But it has a maximum limited speed of around 40 – 50km/h only. Besides, Raptor XY can participate in various setups such as car-mount, dolly, tripod,…Learn more HERE
3. Should we need to use Vibration Isolator when shooting with Raptor Z – ISO Dampener or Raptor Z – Raptor XY Combo?
Yes, you should. The vibration isolator supports to remove high-frequency vibrations and dampens low-frequency oscillations from car-rigs.
4. Which Raptor Z Combo should I use when shooting on bike/motorbike?
With bike/motorbike shooting, we refer the Raptor Z – Z Head Combo for you. It is a completed shock absorber arm for Ronin 2/Movi Pro (popular camera gimbal solutions) at the lightest weight – only 12kgs. Besides, Z Head also extends the camera gimbal movement, ensure your system doesn’t get bumped while shooting.
5. Can we upgrade Raptor Z arm to dual Raptor Z arm for higher payload?
Yes, we can support you as customized project. Email us at email@example.com for more detail.
B. Raptor Z Arm
1. What’s the main feature of Raptor Z arm?
2. How much payload can Raptor Z arm handle?
It is based on springs you use. Single Spring supports 10 – 20kgs payload and Dual Spring supports 20 – 30kgs payload
3. Which tubes do you recommend to mount the Raptor Z arm?
We refer 48 – 52mm tube.
4. How is Raptor Z arm different from other brand arms in the market?
Raptor Z arm provides the high-quality performance like the Sweden’s arm brand. However, Custom Easy arm is modular design. You can use it alone or add Raptor ISO Dampener, Raptor XY Vibration Isolator, Vibration Isolator via native Mitchell based-mounting or Raptor Z Head via Quick Release. Besides, each module uses the separate boxes which allows customers to travel or transport easier.
5. Can we use overslung and underslung operation with Raptor Z arm?
Absolutely, you can use the Raptor Z arm for both underslung and overslung. Our recommendation:
- Underslung operation: You can use Raptor Z – ISO Dampener Combo, Raptor Z – Z Head Combo or Raptor Z – XY Vibration Isolator.
- Overslung operation: You can use Raptor Z + 25kgs Vibration Isolator or Raptor Z – XY Vibration Isolator.
6. How we switch setup from underslung to overslung quickly and vice verse?
It is based on your setup. Here is our recommendation:
- Raptor Z – ISO Dampener Combo: You use Dual Mitchell to Absorber to switch operation via Mitchell based-mounting
- Raptor Z – XY Vibration Isolator Combo: The same as Raptor Z – ISO Dampener
- Raptor Z – Z Head Combo: Please see the image
7. How much maximum speed can Raptor Z arm support?
We refer the maximum speed is 100km/h for underslung operation and 50km/h for overslung operation.
8. How can I mount the Raptor Z arm?
There are 3 ways to mount the Raptor Z arm.
- Mounting to poles for tracking vehicle shooting: Mostly usage with the car (in front, back or aside a vehicle), motorbike, sometimes equipped on boat or rickshaw. The shock absorber arm is built on aluminum pipes, which is recommended to be 48 – 52mm through clamps and manually tightened. This design is somewhat traditional; however, this is the surest, safest way of mounting, thereby minimizing the shaking of the whole system, especially during the car chasing scene at the high-speed.
- Setup with a dolly or crane: In this setup, users must convert clamp mounting on Raptor Z arm to native Mitchell mount to ensure proper compatibility. Arm to Male Mitchell, thickness and rigidity construction, is designed to handle the entire devices and payload.
- Setup with the remoted arm: It is rarely to be used because there are a few systems without head like Custom Easy Raptor Arm suitable. Removing clamp mounting, the user can attach a shock absorber arm to the remoted arm via five holes M10 pattern 1.5mm for connection.
9. How can I adjust the Raptor ISO Dampener?
Raptor ISO Dampener has the same adjustment like Raptor Z Head, please learn more at our Tutorials.
10. How can I adjust the Raptor XY Vibration Isolator?
You can find the best configuration for your system via adjusting the hydraulic dampers from soft to hard and handy drag and lock knobs on the standard springs.
C. Raptor Z arm accessories
1. Which accessories are supported for Raptor Z arm?
The Raptor Z arm accessories include:
- Dual Springs for Raptor Z: provides more strength for arm to handle higher payload from 20 – 30kgs
- Extension: supports to extense the arm, offers more space for camera gimbal movement.
- Mitchell to Absorber Arm: mounts at the head of arm, supports you to install your native Mitchell systems to Raptor Z arm.
- Dual Mitchell to Absorber Arm: has the same feature like Mitchell to Absorber Arm. With Dual Mitchell, you can also switch overslung to underslung operation quickly via Mitchell based-mounting.
- Arm to Male Mitchell: mounts at the behind of arm, supports you to install arm to crane, dolly… via Mitchell standard.
- Raptor Z Quick Release: supports to install Raptor Z arm and other modules quickly.
2. What purpose of Dual Springs?
It provides more strength for arm to handle higher payload from 20 – 30kgs. Learn more to exchange the single spring to dual springs via the following tutorials:
3. What purpose of Extension?
The Extension supports to prolong the arm, offers more space for camera gimbal movement.
However, this product reduces the shock absorber arm’s ability. Custom Easy provides 250mm Extension (and old version is 300mm Extension) supports max 25kgs with Raptor Z and dual springs (while without Extension, the arm can handle up to 30kgs). If you are not too concerned about payloads, Extension should be added.
Besides, we also recommend that you can customize the Extension in your car rigs like Khunchui Ltd below:
This will help your arm release maximum energy.
4. What purpose of Mitchell to Absorber Arm?
The Mitchell to Absorber Arm supports you to install your native Mitchell systems to Raptor Z arm.
Please note that this adapter is included in Raptor Z arm package.
5. What purpose of Dual Mitchell to Absorber Arm?
It has the same features like Mitchell to Absorber Arm. With Dual Mitchell, you can also switch overslung to underslung operation quickly via Mitchell based-mounting.
This Dual Mitchell is compatible with Raptor Z arm and Flowcine Black Arm.
6. What purpose of Arm to Male Mitchell?
The adapter mounts at the behind of arm, supports you to install arm to crane, dolly… via Mitchell standard.
7. What difference between Mitchell to Absorber Arm and Arm to Male Mitchell Arm?
They have different mounting position, provide different features.
8. What purpose of Raptor Z Quick Release?
Raptor Z Quick Release supports to install Raptor Z arm and other modules quickly. It is installed on Raptor Z – Z Head Combo.
Use with Vibration Isolator, Raptor XY and Raptor ISO Dampener, you can install Quick Release to Mitchell to Absorber/Dual Mitchell to Absorber Adapter and then mounting the stuff. Please note that maximum payload is 20kgs.
C. Raptor Z Arm delivery
1. When will I receive Raptor Z arm if I order now?
If it is available, we can ship within 1 working day after payment is confirmed. Please check the lead-time at store link or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for to update the current stock.
2. How much chargeable weight of Raptor Z arm?
Here is the chargeable weight of Raptor Z and modules for your reference:
- Raptor Z arm only: 15.5kgs
- Raptor Z and XY Vibration Combo (Dual Spring): 33kgs
- Raptor Z and ISO Dampener Combo (Dual Spring): 33kgs
- Raptor Z and Z Head Combo: 31kgs
3. Where does the product ship?
Products are made and delivered from Ho Chi Minh City of Vietnam.